Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Stories on this BLOG

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Anne Hathaway Stresses Over Being Too Thin, Can't Wear Silly Hats



Anne Hathaway's big year has so far included: getting married, playing Catwoman, and cutting off all her hair to sing in a movie that will probably get her nominated for an Oscar. But it seems reaching this insane precipice of success has not put her in some transcendent place of not caring what anyone thinks. Besides worrying about being (too) thin, she also doesn't get to wear silly hats!

"I still feel the stress over ‘Am I thin enough? Am I too thin? Is my body the right shape?' If I’m honest, yes. There’s an obsessive quality to it that I thought I would’ve grown out of by now," she tells Glamour magazine. "It’s an ongoing source of shame for me."

She adds: "I just think about the ridicule you get if you have an off day. If people weren’t watching, I’d be so much more eccentric. I know it makes me sound weak, but rather than make myself happy and wear the silly hat and say, 'Oh, I don’t care,' I actually really don’t feel like getting made fun of. So I put on something boring and navy and go out and try to disappear." 
Also, after dropping 25 pounds (which has got to be something like 20 percent of her body weight), it was cutting off all her hair that made Anne shake "like a leaf."

“I’d resolved to cut my hair for Les Mis and to do it on-screen to make it feel real," she said. "And then the morning came, and I was shaking like a leaf. I almost couldn’t do my job. When it was over, I went to the darkest corner of my trailer and I looked in the mirror, and I saw my little brother! But eventually I felt like the coolest girl in the world."



And you probably haven't seen it enough yet, so here's that video of Anne singing "I Dreamed a Dream."

No comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives