Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search Stories on this BLOG

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Anderson Cooper Nearly Went Blind From 'Sunburned Eyeballs'



During an assignment for 60 Minutes, Anderson Cooper received quite a scare when he suffered temporary blindness for a whole 36 hours. Cooper was shooting a segment in Portugal that required him to be out on the ocean for a few hours. While the sky was overcast, the reflection of UV light bouncing off the water did some serious damage to Cooper's peepers.
"I wake up in the middle of the night and it feels like my eyes are on fire," Cooper recollected on the December 4 episode of his morning show. "I douse my eyes with water. Anyway it turns out I have sunburned my eyeballs and I go blind. I went blind for 36 hours!"
Cooper went to the Portuguese hospital where he received medical attention for a burned retina, after which he posted the above right photo, complete with eyepatch. Cooper was in jovial spirits about the frightening incident though. "That's my new Match.com profile picture by the way," he joked. "I think that's going to really work for me."

Kids, let this be a lesson to you: Remember to apply a healthy amount of sunscreen to your eyeballs next time you go out on the water. Or you could just wear some sunglasses. Your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives